I had this happen once doing wing joiner tubes for the Allegro; I
finally got the fiberglass tube off the mandrel by running it under an
"InSinkerator" hot water dispenser  here at work.  I think you could do
the same with either HOT tap water or water from a tea kettle.

I don't know if it loosened up the epoxy, melted the wax, or both - it
did save me from having to cut into the glass and mandrel to start over
again.

Good luck,
Brent