To: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] stuck on mandrel

Instead of mylar, use a thin release film spiral wrapped around the mandrel. You should be able to pull out the mandrel then pull out the release film. You can use steel rods if you want something more consistent than a dowel.

Jimmy Prouty wrote:
Hi Tony,

Did you spiral wrap the mylar over the mandrel? I've found that I can grab the mylar with a pair of duck bill pliers and gently wrap the mylar around them to pull it out of the tube. It sticks once in a while but I can usually reach in and pull the stuck piece out with hemostats.

Happy flying,

Jimmy
www.jtmodels.com

.