Everyone has their own "benchmark" models. Models that set a milestone for them
for various reasons. I haven't heard any of the following mentioned, but may
have missed them.

For me:

1) Midwest Lil' T-- This was my first sailplane. Not a completely pure
sailplane as I launched it with a Cox .049 on the front. Hundreds of flights as
a kid with this and hooked me on sailplanes.

2) Windfree-- What a great plane. There is so much I could say about this one.

3) Hobie Hawk-- Never had one but it seems to me this was one of the first
molded planes. Totally out of my league at $149 retail at the time.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ