I guess I was one of the lucky ones who picked up a Hobie Hawk whilst I was
still in highschool back in the mid 70's.  Talk about how obsessed about the
hobby, I was I opted out going to my Sr. Prom and put my money down on a
Hobie... I flew that plane until it met it's demise on a downwind launch on a
not-so-great hi-start.

Kurt

Quoting "Darwin N. Barrie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Everyone has their own "benchmark" models. Models that set a milestone for them for various reasons. I haven't heard any of the following mentioned, but may have missed them.

For me:

1) Midwest Lil' T-- This was my first sailplane. Not a completely pure sailplane as I launched it with a Cox .049 on the front. Hundreds of flights as a kid with this and hooked me on sailplanes.

2) Windfree-- What a great plane. There is so much I could say about this one.

3) Hobie Hawk-- Never had one but it seems to me this was one of the first molded planes. Totally out of my league at $149 retail at the time.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

!DSPAM:47518719595825209328925!