Darwin,

This is kind of scary but I had all three :-) But the Windward was more of a
bench mark I think because it was designed to work with the Kraft brick...
Probably the first and only glider that was radio specific.....

Craig

"Darwin N. Barrie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:       Everyone has their own
"benchmark" models. Models  that set a milestone for them for various reasons.
I haven't heard any of the  following mentioned, but may have missed them.

 For me:

 1) Midwest Lil' T-- This was my first sailplane.  Not a completely pure
sailplane as I launched it with a Cox .049 on the front.  Hundreds of flights
as a kid with this and hooked me on sailplanes.

 2) Windfree-- What a great plane. There is so much  I could say about this one.

 3) Hobie Hawk-- Never had one but it seems to me  this was one of the first
molded planes. Totally out of my league at $149 retail  at the time.

 Darwin N. Barrie
 Chandler AZ