Jim,
I made one and it costs almost as much to make as to buy one and takes a lot of
time.  I built a Hobby VAC http://www.build-stuff.com/1001plans_hobby_vac.htm
(from older plans - newer plans look better)  Sold it to Mike Reno and I think
he's selling it now.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have a couple that I bought ( 24" x 24" $2500 and 13" x 18" $580)  I was able
to do 1/4 scale Minimoa canopy on the small one, but needed the big one for the
Duo Discus.

Here's one that looks like a good one if you are set on building one:
http://www.runforcoverbooks.com/si/21746.html

UVA has one of these and I used it for some very large parts as well as some
smaller ones.  It's a really good deal at $7500 and can do 6" x 6" or 24" x 36"
parts
http://www.kdcapital.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/ProductID/395479/Photos/1#

If you want to stop by next time you are down this way and copy one of the ones
I have, they would not be as difficult to build as I think the Hobby Vac is.

You can get whatever sheets you need cut from Piedmont Plastics.

I use my machines on a regular basis, so they pay for themselves.  If you just
need a part here and there or a canopy,  just make the mold and I will gladly
form it for you.

Tom