  From: Darwin N. Barrie<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: soaring@airage.com<mailto:soaring@airage.com> ; SC Johnson<mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [RCSE] Icon 2

  I'm sure this will be a very dynamic plane and competitive with the Euro
models. My concern is the launching equipment. With the current crop of
moldies, line breaks and winch bogging and ultimate failure are becoming more
prevelant.  Heavy enough line for these new "super ships," will be a burden for
the lighter planes. Yes, I've CD'd lots of contests and a few big ones.

  We've tried some heavy line and it is great for the heavier planes but the
lighter planes and 2 meters have a helluva time overcoming the line drag and
weight.

  Where do we draw the line?

  Darwin N. Barrie
  Chandler AZ