At 04:32 PM 1/12/2008, you wrote:
In 1971, the North Bay Soaring Society (NBSS)  hosted a three task
contest in Santa Rosa, Calif. with tasks almost identical to F3B.
Regis

The 1979 LSF Tournament in Lockport, IL also used the three task format. I flew in that one and didn't like it any better than I did when I flew F3B in 1976.

Chuck