To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; soaring@airage.com
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Re: Gordy- Logic without limits.....or I couild hae read the article in context:-)

If you all are really interested and bored to death in this lousy weather, you can go to

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883683&page=8

and read a ton of stuff about electric sailplanes and altitude limiting.

It will probably come in due time and I am trying to help that along, but as you will see from the thread on RCGroups it needs real organization. The LSF is the SIG for electric sailplanes but I am not sure the new officers know that yet and what a bag of worms they own.

There is a core group of us working the issue (not as hard as we should be) trying to come up with a logical plan to see if electric launched sailplanes are just the same as a hand launched sailplane or a winch launched sailplane or people towed sailplane. In other words, just another launch method to get to some almost common launch height to start looking for air.

If anyone one you "Pure sailplane pilots" want to help, bring an electric powered sailplane to the LSF Winch Launched Nats and either purchase a Zlog from Barry Kennedy or me (I will try to have several loaners there) and we will organize an after hours test using F3J rules. I would love to see 10 guys launching together and see what the Zlog is really capable of doing in a mock contest round or two.

Lets end the talk and do something together to get this discussion into some kind of real data to work from. As a group, I think we are the only ones who will benefit or loose from exploring electric launched sailplanes.

Have fun reading the RCgroups thread.