Chris,

Read ALL the threads again.  They HAVE changed, while I haven't.  I have
always said I would accept it, and I am willing to take any heat you, or
anybody would like to dish out.

However, do give credit to my doubts.  If you followed the threads, and now
the post by John, something is finally been brought to reality.  No more of
this exaggeration to blow out the competition.  When I see them launch at
Visalia to those heights I will beleive it.  I have been to Visalia 3 years
running and have get to see ANYBODY break what I think is 70 ft, EVEN in the
wind, which has been blowing at Visalia.

I don't beleive a wind will add 40% to the launch height.  Now read that
again.  I don't beleive it, and that does not say it hasn't been done.

As for the ballon idea, true the wind will/can cause problems, but then
again nobody else is will to even try the idea.  All you want to do is
complain.  Go back to the shop and prove it, don't sit back and be the
armchair quarterback.

Ideas/opinions can be expressed, and that is what this exchange is for.  We
ALL do not have to agree, and we can agree to disagree.

As for hitting a balloon at say 70 ft, if you can't do that then you are not
a HLG flyer.  A GOOD HLG flyer can place the plane directly into the
thermal.  Go out an start practicing.

As for locking onto the plane by the rangefinder, take a look at the specs.
If you look at them you will see that many of the conditions which would
contribute to the inaccuracy of the rangefinder ar e present when we fly the
planes.  Also +/- one meter is just over 6 feet of variance.  If it said +/-
1/2 meter, then this is a range of 3 feet.  So A launch read at 15 meters,
could be 14 or 16, that is assuming the 15 is correct.  Remember horseshoes
and handgrenades.

Just wait, I have already been thinking that everyone will say the
string/tether was not measure under tension.  Then again, I guess I will
have to trust my Craftman tape measure.

Measure twice, cut once.
Some people complain, other do.  I will be as/more accurate than the laser
device

Been there done that!

Well Gang, Aren't we having fun.  My goal WILL be to outlaunch them at
Visalia.  Here's hoping.

Professor Chris Adams, Ph. D.
LSF 348  Level V (#8)