The scrollsander page has some fantastic pictures of how to do it.  Again
like others I have been doing it this way for years.

MY WRINKLE.

I do not use an exotic supply.  I take the present transformer used for
normal cutting and add about six to ten turns of #17 or #18 magnet wire to
give me the low volt heavy amps I need for this cutter.  This idea will only
help a few for the rest a long explanation probably will be necessary.  I
suppose that would make this idea exotic for many.  My present cutting
supply  is a new battery charger adapted for the purpose.

In addition I save my MacDonald straws for the wire tunnels.

Nothing like light spackle for correcting all the mistakes.

Oh yes in answer to one question you have to know through expertise that any
wire not in the cut is going to turn red hot and cut by radiant heat rather
than contact.  This means that the form has to make all the wire contact
almost all the time or you must lower your temperature drastically.

Rick