On Thu 30 Nov, Albert Nephew wrote:
> Thanks for the neat idea, Tord, but a guy trying to run and throw a
> handlaunch glider while dragging a cord seems a problem. Also, I can't
> get a car near where I usually fly, though I could carry a battery
> along. However, the chemical hand warmer packets that are sold at every
> fuel station around here are more convenient. Still, something to think
> about.

  Agreed on both accounts, but maybe a waist pack of NiCads would do? Or
  just electrically heated sticks?

  My own solution has been to put some fuel tubing over the sticks -
  makes the cold flying much less of a problem!

  But powered planes in the cold is a pain, as the fuel cools your hands
  even further, as does the prop wash!

  Maybe the 'incubator' can be heated with those chemical hand warmers?
  The advantage with the electric system is that the heat can easily
  be regulated!

Tord,
Sweden

<URL:http://www.aricraft.com/tord/tord.html>

<URL:http://home.beseen.com/hobbies/jebbushell/tord/tord.htm>

--
If reply difficulties - use [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tord S. Eriksson, Ovralidsg.25:5, S-422 47 Hisings Backa, Sweden
Tel. (mobile): +46 (0)736 77 88 96