Actually they are talking about the west and east coast. Nobody counts the midwest!
Sorry I just couldn't resist. If that was so how
come Psykos, Victorys and Mantas have been winning the Nats. Isn't that in the
Midwest? Heavy sailplanes are good for penetration, l
inertia is inertia and makes the Landing task more difficult. You can design a
sailplanes at 60 oz that penetrates just fine but is
super responsive for landings.

--
Sal DeFrancesco
Northeast Sailplane Products