I must have missed that part!
I have repair the covering and will apply the clear tape this time.  it is ready to DS!
Raymond Wong
Hong Kong
Cc: RCSE
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] my JW Blew up

Hi Raymond-
I think you may have overlooked the last sentence of page 2, #13 in Bowman's instructions.
13.  Cover entire wing with Ultracoat.  Cover the top first.  The covering should overlap all the edges at least 1/2".  Cover the bottom and cut off flush with the edge.  APPLY CLEAR 2" TAPE TO THE LEADING EDGE AND TIPS.

Yes, the "JW" does go that fast.  My jaw dropped open when I pulled hard on the first upper turn....talk about acceleration!
Scott

Raymond Wong wrote:

My JW was DS'ing too fast it blew up!  the wing and the fuse landed 100ft apart from each other.  fortunately there were no major damage.  So what could cause that blow up?  the fuse and the wing of this model were joined together by double side tape instead of glue.  did the tape fail under the hi G load?  Finally, when I examine the wreckage I found a big piece of the Oracover tear out of the wing, starting from the LE.  The wing was found landed on very soft grass, the tearing must have happened in the air.  That explained what happened.  The Oracover had a small opening in the LE, the tear must have started from there when the model was going fast.  If you own a JW, make sure the LE is completely sealed. Raymond WongHong Kong