Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many of the top finishing pilots were
using gyros?

My impression is that the gryo has the most effect on the "unguided" portion of the
launch...when the pilot does not yet have both hands fimrly on the tx.  Is this
correct?  If so, I kinda like the idea.  With all the talk about safety and DLG's, it
seems like might be kinda a good thing to have the glider sorta "self-guiding" in the
immediate launch phase, should something go wrong with the release.  Or maybe that's
not a factor?  Anyway, its interesting.

Lex Mierop wrote:

> I don't care how big your fin is, a gyro will add 5-10 feet to your launch.
> Not everyone needs to maximize their launches, but I'll pay $50 for 5-10
> feet at the biggest HLG contest of the year....
>
>         -l

>"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brett Jaffee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://home.earthlink.net/~jaffee

The Unoffical Extra 300 Home Page