Raymond,

I am sorry about your loss of a plane.

About your question, depends on which charger.  A charger could have a poor end-of-charge algorithm, and thus overheat the cell and damage them.

You mentioned 2 months in your toolbox.  Are in the habit of leaving your toolbox in your car, where it may get very hot during the day?  Exposure to high temperatures has been known to shorten the life of NiCds.

Whan I have battery that I had sitting for a while, I run a slow charge on it, just in case.

Jon Stone

I just lost my Hades few days ago.  I am so mad because I'd only crashed twice in 2 years but both were fatal and both were caused by battery failure!
What cause the sudden death of battery?
The pack I used was left in the tool box for 2 month untouch, could that damage it??
someone told me I should never use quick charge because it could seriusly damage the battery and cause a sudden death.  Is that true??
Raymond Wong
Hong Kong