In my experience, the Hitec receivers are essentiall bullet proof.  I have 4 or 5 and
have never had a problem with any of them...even ones that get abused in a combat
foamie.

For my DLG, I use a Hitec 555 with the case removed.  I have another 555 for use in
other small slopers, and the rest are a mix of Hitec 7 and 8 channel rx's.

If you are in Southern California by any chance, be sure to check out Hobby People's
sales fliers.  Every couple months or so they usually run a special on Hitec receivers
for pretty cheap.

Brad Willoughby wrote:

> RCSE'rs,
>
> Now that I'm back in the States, I'm going to need to stock up on 72mhz
> receivers.  I sold all my 35mhz stuff when I left Scotland and
> currently only have 1 Multiplex IPD receiver on 72mhz.  Basically, I
> need RX's to use with my MultiPlex Profi mc3030 transmitter in the
> following planes:
>
>         6-servo F3B racer (I'll use the IPD here)
>         6-servo TD model (another IPD?)
>         2x 2-servo HLG (something light)
>         2-servo Wanderer (something cheap?)
>         2x 2-servo foamies (something tough & cheap)
>
> What are folks using in the lightweight DLG's?  How about in 48" foamie
> combat planes?
>
> Cheers,
> Brad

Brett Jaffee