I've heard that Berg recently redesigned their Berg6, but the earlier ones were pretty
useless in a contest situation. I even had
problems with my 555's last year at Poway, and have since switched my Encore and
Feather DLG over to Multiplex IPD7's. The Encore
tried to kill itself in the 1,2,3,4 min round when I (standing upwind) flew over a
group of pilots downwind. It dove vertically
without any elevator input, and I just pulled out before killing someone. I'd got my
1,3,2 and was just skying out for the 4
too...expletives abounded after that I assure you. The only recievers that I haven't
heard having any problems at Poway were the
Multiplex ones, and they're not cheap anymore. I used to be able to pick one up for
124.99 Cdn w/crystal, but I think they're closer
to $150 now.
Cheers,
Adam

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." George Carlin

Cohn's Law: The more time you spend reporting on what you are doing, the
            less time you have to actually do anything. Stability is achieved
            when you are doing nothing but reporting on the nothing you are doing.