He meant it too.

>From the DJ Aerotech web site:

        Effective immediately (01-Jan 2002), DJ Aerotech will NO longer be
selling any of our current COMPOSITE based Sailplane Kits. The Includes our
Spectre series of kits, Wizard E, Monarch E and the Nymph. DJ Aerotech will
however continue to support the Roadkill series and the Chrysalis models.

        Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this might cause...

        <snip>

>  Now I just happen to have some killer ideas for some new HLG's, 2-meters,
>
> and a truly astonishing open class model sitting here in my computer.
> However, I also have some really exciting electrics, some giant scale
> models, and some other secret projects I don't even want to breathe a word
>
> about yet. There are undoubtedly other folks out there who also have ideas
>
> for what they believe will be wonderful new R/C soaring-related products.
> Given the relatively awful profit potential of R/C sailplanes in even the
> best of times (anyone foolish enough to believe otherwise should see my
> tax
> returns for the last decade), and add to that (a "last straw" might be a
> good characterization) the frankly shabby treatment of vendors that we've
> all observed here among the R/C soaring community lately (as reflected on
> this list), if you were in our shoes, just exactly where would you invest
> your limited resources?

         <snip>