Don A. writes:

>Don, unhappy people usually vote with their feet...

Unhappy vendors vote with their feet, too. I have no problem with bringing
problems to light and getting them fixed. The problem I have here is a
matter of degree and of attitude. I'm on several other forums as well, and
with few exceptions they manage to get problems exposed and resolved
quickly, efficiently and politely, and without weeks upon weeks of
one-sided public floggings, and they do it without an immediate assumption
of guilt and willful negligence with regard to the accused party.

If you've noticed a shortage of posts to this forum by me in recent months,
it's because it's much more pleasant to invest my time in those other
forums. I suspect there are other former and present members of RCSE who
feel similarly. It is possible to resolve problems peacefully, and without
vengefully attempting to make a public example out of someone.

If you verbally pin someone up against a wall and publicly threaten them
with major harm, you can expect them to get defensive. That is usually not
the most effective way to solve a problem or dispute. More importantly, you
can also expect that any other innocent bystanders who observe you doing
this will feel at least a little apprehensive about doing any future
business with you. This is true regardless of whether you're a vendor or a
customer.

Don Stackhouse @ DJ Aerotech
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.djaerotech.com