I use good quality masking tape and CA glue.  Wrap once around the
servo and glue.  It's easy to remove the servo and remount.  There's
no slop with this method either.

You can use thin CA, wick it in from each side.  Or use thick CA, but
not so much that is spills past the tape and glues the servo to the
wing.

Tim Green
Madison, Ohio

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Marc Gellart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It would be interesting to know how many servos are glued in versus
mounted
> in some way mechanically.  I mount mechanically when possible, but
it is not
> always possible.  Lately I have gone to using heat shrink around
the servo
> and then glueing, seems to work well and you can get them out.
>
> Marc
Stratos
> SL-e Message
>

>   I have been flying a Stratos SL-e for nearly two years (200 or
more
> flights) with Volz Micro Maxx and Micro Max X servos with an
Airtronics
> Vision and Stylus Systems.  I much prefer the Micro Max X servos.
Volz has
> a new servo, XP that is probably a further improvement.  I have had
some
> trouble with Micro Maxx servos, but the biggest problem with Volz
is that
> there is no factory authorized repair service (Pardon me Gordy, I
appreciate
> your efforts to help).
>
>   When setting up my backup Stratos SL-e, I have used JR 341s with
JR 368
> digitals for flaps.  I am very satisfied with their performance on
their
> first 25 flights using an Airtronics Vision System.  My flying
friends are
> using JR and Airtronics servos in their Stratos SL-e sailplanes for
more
> than a year with excellent results.
>
>   It is very important to install the wing servos in removable
mounts.  It
> is a big mistake to glue them in, as recently recommended in SE
Modeler, so