There's a very good reason that full scale sailplanes
are white. It has to do with the strength of epoxy at
elevated temperatures...ie. it goes down rapidly as
the temp goes up. The first PIK-20's were made in
white, orange, or yellow, due to the thermal set /
cure nature of the epoxy used, and even they
discontinued colors very quickly. You don't see many
black cars in Texas, because people don't like leaving
their skin on their paint from incidental contact.
Ravens and vultures are primarily carrion birds, and
there's not a lot of calories in what they eat, so
black and it's heating properties are a natural
survival tool for them...yeah, I watch a lot of nature
shows...I'm an old gas bag...what else am I going to
watch?....8^)....

Jack Womack