Everyone

       Well since it has come up again Ill throw my whatever in.  I was
always taught to control my landing speed on final.  It doesnt matter if its
a real plane or not.  Its the skill of the pilot.

       So Im coming into land.  Hopefully some 30-20 sec before a Max.  I set
myself up with my plane under contol.  Airspeed management is the key.  Think
ahead.  If I do it correctly I will land my sailplane in the center of the
spot.  This is why I practice.  If it is wet out I land shorter to let my
plane slide.  Airspeed  Airspeed.  I think the skill of the pilot should
determine the landing.  Not the Skeg.  I think in Canada they do not allow
them.  I could be wrong.

       This is a good conversation that will get old fast.  I choose to not
use a skeg and hope my landing skills are good.

Jeff