[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  I think the skill of the pilot should
> determine the landing.  Not the Skeg.  I think in Canada they do not allow
> them.  I could be wrong.

The MAAC regulations are mostly FAI with some AMA thrown in for good measure.
They are very FAI'ish when it comes to skegs (ie. "just say no").

4.2 Specifications
  4.2.1 Classes A,B,C,D,E, shall conform to the following specifications.
    f.  No fixed or retractable arresting device (eg. bolt, sawtooth like
    protuberance, etc.) is allowed to slow down the model on the ground
    during landing. The underside of the model must not have any
    protuberance other than the towhook and surface control linkages. The
    towhook must not be larger than 5mm in frontal width and 15mm in
    frontal height.

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada