In a message dated 7/23/2002 09:55:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Glenn, I must admit, I'm really interested in BOTH sailplanes and
electrics, so I like the mix.  And, I believe they alternate the mix from
issue to issue.

Hey, I don't want to knock anyone that likes the mix -- I fly a few electrics, myself.

But my rough observation over the past 4 issues or so is that the content has shifted  to about 75% electric/25% soaring.  I subscribe to the magazine for the soaring content -- I can get electric coverage from a lot of other sources (MA, MAN, RCM).

Good point about writing articles.  In RCSD's case, I completely agree.  Since S&E pays its columnists (probably not what they're worth, but they are still paying) I'm willing to bet that if the editor wanted more soaring coverage, he could get it.  Dave Jones did for a long time with QFI (I blame most of the decline in that magazine on his untimely death).  I'm sure the electric end makes S&E more money, so they're voting with their dollars.

Just as I may vote with mine.  I pay for the things that I won't/can't spend the time to do myself -- whether that's soaring articles, or molded airplanes, or having the kid down the street mow your lawn.  If I have to do it myself -- I'm not paying for it.

Glenn