It's mainly been about the 225.  I have a a whole bunch of Hitec 80'2. 81's and 85's
and havent had a problem with them.  In fact, I've had some HS-85's in my primary DS
plane for 2 years without a problem.  The JR servos in that same airplane have got all
jittery while the Hitec's remain solid.

FWIW, I've had a couple Futaba servos (S133's) fail too.

"yclui_hk " wrote:

> This is not the first time I see reports about the questionable
> reliability of Hitec servos in open forums and I have to say I am
> getting a bit scared. I have two Hitec 125MG wing servos in my 60"
> moldy and two brand new 81MGs waiting for my new gliders and I am not
> sure whether I should have them replaced and tossed before they take
> their toll.
>
> I do not remember coming across any negative comments about other
> brands of servos such as Futaba / JR. Is it because they are really
> good or just that they are not as popular as Hitec in the US
> modelling community ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Y C Lui

>"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and
>unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.

Brett Jaffee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

R/C Slope and Power Homepage
http://home.earthlink.net/~jaffee