Andrew,

What you say is always a good idea. However, it can be done by the consumer with some care. I recently got the "L" on one of my 8103s. The change over probably made it 'batteryless' for 10 to 15 min. Lo, and behold, the settings were still there. Maybe there is a big capacitor in there somewhere that will hold the voltage for a small period of time.

Bob

Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:29:01 -0500 From: "Andrew E. Mileski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [RCSE] JR 8103 lithium battery failure question Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Karl Miller wrote:
 I have a JR 8103 Tx which is about 5 years old. I was wondering what happens
 when the lithium battery (which is the backup battery for the model memory
 and all data stored) fails. In the manual it says a flashing L will appear
 when the voltage drops below 2.2 volts.Then it also says if the lithium
 battery should fail all data will be lost and the Tx will not function.

AFAIK, it has to be unlocked by a tech :( Hence changing the battery yourself requires extreme care to avoid loss of power during the process.

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada

-- ------------------------------------------------------------ Robert P. Andris 12155 Terrence Ave. Saratoga, CA 95070 USA

(408) 252-5469

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

LSF 004, AMA 5055
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages
must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.