From: targetdrone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 3:08 PM
To: soaring
Subject: RE: [RCSE] F3J Juniors Snubbed?

Everyone did do a great job.  My post did thank them and was not meant to insult them or their effort, especially Phil Renaud (who was on the spot to make the hard decision ).  It was to meant to point out the lack of flight time for their investment.   Many pilots and helpers really made an extra effort to take the juniors under their wing, to teach them for the future, as well as help them perform better now.   Thank you.  Experienced pilots do this most of the time, but even more so at this event, as it is labor-intensive.

I looked, but didn't see any guidelines posted for how often a junior flies.  In the bid for the F3J worlds, it states the fees are half for junior ($125) as for those of seniors ($250) and tower/helper fees are also halved for juniors, so I can see that it would be fair that they fly less as well.  But...the AMA and RMSA made no discounts to juniors for this contest.

I think (read that as MY OPINION) that if they are paying as much, they should get equal time.  If not, it should be spelled out before time, so guys like Phil don't have take heat for doing a thankless job.  THAT is the purpose of this thread.

Congrats Larry, you did an awesome job this weekend, especially on your incredible pop-off max.  You da man.

David Judson