David - first - RMSA had no control over any of the fees charged for this
event. That is entirely AMA directed.  We get NO portion of any of the entry
fees.  We get only reimbursed expenses.  Second - those fees do not go to
the AMA itself but go entirely to the USA Team fund.  Third - all past team
selections had the juniors flying 1/2 of the number of rounds as the
seniors.  Phil made a somewhat controversial call to ATTEMPT to fly equal
rounds for the juniors - a very difficult call based on the weather delay on
Saturday.  Fourth - I made every attempt to ensure that the competitors knew
the ground rules ahead of time.  If you check item 4 of the rules
clarifications posted on the team selection website you will clearly see
that the initial intention (in line with previous team selections) was to
run 1 round of juniors for each 2 round of seniors.  That should not have
been a surprise.

I wish there were more time - but good intentions were scuttled by the
weather.  Had it cooperated we would have had plenty of flying for all
concerned.  Unfortunately I have no connections with the weather guy.

I was also one of those who took a junior on our team which meant with our 4
man team we were on the field for the entire event every launch.  It was a
lot of work but well worth it!

Cheers for the Juniors and all that participated in this very competitive
event..

Jim (still recovering)

Jim Monaco
Rocky Mountain Soaring Association