OK, so maybe the pictures aren't National Geographic quality and the
editorial content leaves something to be desired, but RCSD still fills a
niche.  It was here long before "Quiet Flyer" and "Quiet and Electric
Flight" came into existence and was borne out of a desire to provide the R/C
soaring community with information. When it was first published, R/C soaring
information had been relegated to columns in magazines filled with engine
and propeller advertisements.  Over the years, it has done just that, often
on a shoestring.  I, personally found this issue's account of the young lady
BUILDING and flying her modified 2x6 a refreshing change from the recurring
accounts of stuffing expensive servos into the latest expensive moldie in
most of the other publications.  The young lady is a true "woodcrafter".
Did you check out her next project?
    RCSE sprang into existence for many of the same reasons - an exclusive
place for R/C soarers to almost instantaneously exchange information.  It,
too, has served admirably over its lifespan.  There's room in my world for
both.
        Also missing "Model Builder", home of "The Old Buzzard",
                            Jim Deck