From: Skip Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 11:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Emphasis or de-emphasis on landings

Hi Aradhana,

I have been in competition forever(28 years top level national, world stuff), and the worst most violent landing today is the F3J landing. We are not allowed skegs on the world level, so a typical approach is approxmately 5' high coming up to the spot and SLAM 2/10ths of a second before the 10 minute window buzzer goes off.This was amazingly insane at the last worlds and I know there are many pictures on the internet of the final seconds models literally at 90 degrees for the points(don't forget no skegs) Sorry removing the skegs will make it much worse, way more dangerous as you have many pilots who without skegs have no ability to slow the model down......I also have been known to compete in semi serious national pattern(aerobatic) competition and DON"T want to bring judges to our sport...a whole new level of complication. Hope this helps with some perspective,

Sincerely.

Skip Miller

P.S I have also noticed the more a landing is de-emphasised(sp) the more emphasis is put on it; the less points actually mean MORE!