Hi Jon,
That was a nice write up, it confirms what I already knew about the radio. I guess my question really digs deeper... is there any thing new that the MPX setup flexibility brings to the table? i.e. Here is all that power and flexibility of MPX programming, is there some way that people are harnessing it that makes my top shelf TX obsolete because it can't do what this radio can?

It seems to me that all the mixes we do to control a sailplane are basically known and understood, and all of the top shelf radios are capable. If that is true, I don't see where the extra flexibility is needed. In fact, I imagine it can lead to all kinds of unique setups that can make it difficult for even experts of the radio to understand other peoples setups, just because of all the different combinations to do essentially the same thing.

Now the above doesn't mean I can't understand why people would like to roll their own, I can see where that could be quite interesting to some folks. But the end result is the same, we all basically move the same sticks in the same directions, and expect the sailplane mixes we all know and love in the end.

Jim