Mark,

If I am correctly deciphering this comment (you're trying to get a more permanent hinge than tape or monokote provides) something I'm about to try on my latest center panel spoiler may help. I'm going to lay the spoiler in its bay and sand a 1/32" deep by 5/16" wide low area in both the top forward part of the spoiler and the wing just ahead of it. Then I'll carefully and lightly epoxy in a continuous strip of 1/2" wide sheared 0.75 oz kevlar (like it's prepared and used for the hinge in the BD - full length of the spoiler) in the low areas and two pieces of 1/32" balsa on top of that. Sand to contour when cured and you're done.

Who knows, maybe it'll work.

RVC

The one piece central spoiler is a slab of ribs if I can
figure out how to keep the tape sticking on the hinge.
Anyone have any ideas? 3M 600 just don't cut it.
---