Bill Swingle wrote:

>>Hi-Catch double ball bearing swivel with escape-proof "snap"

An "ESCAPE-PROOF" snap. Darn, I wish I'd have heard of this 5 years ago.

I had a large but generic snap, from Wal-Mart (shoulda known), pull loose on me. The darn thing lasted for about a year before it failed.

The Hi-Catch "snap" really IS escape-proof. Once you see it you will understand.

http://www.meltontackle.com/shopping/product.asp?product_id=10638

I've cut one off before too, and the metal is hard!  Easily chewed
up an abrasive Dremel disc making 2 cuts about 3/16 long.  That
makes it tougher than an ejector pin.

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada