I have had similar experience and have been doing email Newsletters for 5
years.  Whether the member reads them is always a question but hard
quantify.  I then did a short stint of web page only but that was obviously
not enough.  Have you read the LSF Newsletter lately?  I have even suggested
to members to make the web site their home page but that did not seem to
help.

Now I email and do the web page.  I am still not sure it is being read.
Newsletters have important information but our lives are busy.  A mailed
Newsletter does get opened and read I do believe.

I have asked members did you read the newsletter and some even months after
finally told me they did not have the software to read the download or
didn't know how to do it.

Mailing costs stamps, ink, time, and that is hard to give up easily.

League newsletters seem to be read more.  I think the people I send to are
more involved with soaring in the league.
Cal Posthuma
President of West Michigan Soaring Society
Michigan Soaring League Secretary
LSF Coordinator for WMSS
AMA LSFV   LSF 2997, 6718,  7740  LSF VV+III
AMA Leader Member and Contest Director
AMA District 7
Web Page:  www.ALTELCO.NET/~calplsf/index.html
Web Page Club:  www.rcsoaring.org
Web Page MSL: www.rcsoaring.org/msl
Phone: 616-997-1905   Cell: 616-240-3972