At 3:18 PM -0500 3/23/04, Cal Posthuma wrote:
I have had similar experience and have been doing email Newsletters for 5
years.  Whether the member reads them is always a question but hard
quantify.  I then did a short stint of web page only but that was obviously
not enough.  Have you read the LSF Newsletter lately?  I have even suggested
to members to make the web site their home page but that did not seem to
help.

Now I email and do the web page.  I am still not sure it is being read.
Newsletters have important information but our lives are busy.  A mailed
Newsletter does get opened and read I do believe.

I have asked members did you read the newsletter and some even months after
finally told me they did not have the software to read the download or
didn't know how to do it.

Mailing costs stamps, ink, time, and that is hard to give up easily.

After being the Editor for last 10 years in two clubs, I don't think everyone read the newsletter. I have request from members to print something that was printed in the previous month newsletter.

No matter whicj delivery method you use, there will be people who won't read part or the whole thing.

Brian
--
Brian Chan,
An Electric Airplane Junkie @ San Mateo.Ca.USA
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages 
must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.

Reply via email to