I got a report yesterday of a pilot who managed to get around 1,000' altitude using what must be the foamie version of the Icon....

Using a bungee, he launched his WindRider Bat, hooked up in that big air in Michiagan and took it to around 1,000'.

Now if you guys are dying to have the latest and greatest edge to get incredible thermal performance but with out the worries of using an Icon for DS, the waiting period is NOT 18 months and the price has been raising with each order.  It does use the latest molding technologies, and by the way is far more durable than an Icon!

For $1,800 plus about , you can buy 27 of them!  Waiting period? About two weeks at the most.

Yep you too could be posting about the fun you had in the country's recent thermal energy boom for about $65 or so.

Lots of Icon owners have switched to it...for DS :-)

There was at least one on the DS slope in Frankfort, Ky yesterday.

Mine isn't orange, or green, it's red white and blue (same as my Pike)  but here's the cool thing!  You can make it any color you want!  Yep no having to 'settle' for which ever color is available!

Okay so JW didn't design the foil or planform, and the tail moment is kind of short compared to an Icon (or Pike) and to tell the truth the Bat works best on the slope, but that thumb in Michigan showed that a piece of foam with a slab of lead 2"x 2"x 1/4" in the nose, covered with precisionly placed chunks of tape can thermal ...if there's lift...and that it doesn't take big bucks to have fun on a 'big air day' :-)

Wish I could have been there Troy!...and Paul and Rudy and Bruce and Ken, and Hank and ....
Gordy
Windy in Dallas today