As I think about this a little longer, I don't even know if I am good
enough to complete all the tasks to achieve LSF level V, but I will try.

>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:31:29 -0500
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: "James V. Bacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [RCSE] Invitation to Gordy
>
>He might be good enough, but we will never really know unless he completes
>the LSF tasks, everything else is just talk.

Jim
The LSF tasks are a great challenge and I am in awe of those who have completed them...and that's partly why its likely I won't ever do it....The fear of  waking up one day and know that there's nothing left to accomplish in the hobby must be crushing .... :-)

In reality it's unlikely that I will ever complete all the LSF Levels, considering I finished Level 1 in July of 1997.  So like Man of War not having won the Kentucky Derby (his owners never got around to entering him) its probable that I will never be an equal peer of the LSF elite.... rather just stuck with only having flown more sailplanes, more places, with more guys, on more slopes and fields than anyone else on Earth...unwitnessed by anyone official.
Its a heck of a burden to wake up to, but I'll do my best to make the most fun of it. :-)

Gordy
England or bust, Sept 1 !