On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:21:49PM -0500, Stan Myers wrote:
> I am currently using a Orange colored reel that can be found at Home Depot
> that was designed to be used to as a reel for outdoor electrical extensions.
>
> I wind the rubber up first to get a larger dia. hub to wind the nylon
> string up faster, but alas, its way too slow for this aging flyer.   Any
> out there with a better idea including some type of power rig.  I thought
> about some type of spool that I could put on a cordless drill motor. Any
> Help out there?

  My suggestion probably won't be immediately helpful to you, but I
modified my high start reel at the advice of a club member to increase
the effective reel diameter by drilling several (six?) holes around
and epoxying in 1/4" wooden dowels.  I reel in the string first and
then the rubber, and I managed to guess the placement of the
horizontal spokes well enough that my rubber still fits.  The
advantage is that I get about one revolution per pace on my home depot
extension cord reel.  Buddy Roos made the suggestion.

Peter Jensen
Melbourne, FL

--
Peter Jensen  ... http://www.diff.net/peter ... [EMAIL PROTECTED]