> The cost is not 3 to 5 times what it should be, it sounds like it is 3 to 5 times
> more
than you want to pay.

This is true.

>  I spent probably close to 2 to 3 hours dealing with UPS to file my claim plus the
receiver spent time as well taking the package back to UPS.

How often do you have to do this?
I have shipped hundreds of packages including oversized ones and never had to deal
with this, so I can assume it doesn't happen to every shipment.
Paying an extra $40.00 per shipment just for protection is still not worth it in my
opinion. If packages were being routinely destroyed I would view it differently,
but you have to amortize that 3 hour negotiation into ALL of your shipping
experience.

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com