No. The futaba service rep was quite specific in specifying the finest wire possible. We discussed using a single strand of music wire which he thought would be optimum. As I mentioned I have used such antennas for several years with excellent results. (that is my planes have not fallen from the sky due to antenna problems. When they did fall it was almost inevitably from pilot error)

Robert Samuels..........St. Louis

From: Simon Van Leeuwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think what the Futaba service rep meant was to utilize lead material that has the highest strand count you can find. This, in an effort to increase mechanical integrity. I don't think he meant to say use the finest single strand wire...

Robert Samuels wrote:

I was told by Futaba service to use the finest (smallest diameter) wire possible. For several years I have successfully substituted very fine music wire in antennas. I purchased the wire in 36 in. lengths from my local hobby shop. I used the finest wire that would not flop around when extended from the rear of the plane.

Robert Samuels........St. Louis

-- Simon Van Leeuwen RADIUS SYSTEMS PnP SYSTEMS - The E-Harness of Choice Cogito Ergo Zooom