To me, most gliders are fun, but one stands out above the rest.  Does
anyone remember the 2m Beater from Trick R/C?  It was a full 2m EPP foamy
with an HQ airfoil, rugged as you would expect, but flew far better than
any EPP glider that I have ever flown.  I have owned two of them built
with polly dihedral for thermal soaring. They will launch like a 2m
SuperV or a 2m Duck - jaw dropping spectacle to watch - and to add to the
surprise, they thermal very well also. I didn't have spoilers in them,
but no big deal.  They taught you how to make an approach and could
bounce off an aggressive dork landing.  Needless to say, they were great
as a trainer, but really fun for the experienced flyer as well.  I loaned
mine out all the time for visitors to enjoy.  A couple of winters ago,
some of my buddies joined me in scratch building some 100 inch versions

of the Beater. Other than the addition of spoilers we pretty much copied
the 2m version.  They fly great,and because of the larger size, are
easier to see at a distance.  They have a good speed range, with proper
adjustment of elevator trim.  My 100 inch version flew away from me in
Lexington, KY, when I launched it with the switch off .:~(  My wife timed
it on the clock for 7 and a half minutes while we all watched it flying
around over the tobacco fields and horse pastures of Kentucky.  It
finally specked out, drifting eastbound, and far as I know, it could be
in the Smoky Mountains, or maybe still flying? That's my story and I'm
sticking to it.  A really fun glider!

Mike Remus
LOFT Glider Club
Fort Wayne IN
LSF Level 5 #112
Remember; Dreams are the seedlings of reality. Dream Lofty dreams!