My first glider in the UK was a Keilkraft model called the "Invader". True stick and dope construction. This was around 1957, before the advent of remote control. I would hand tow this thing up, then let it loose and get lots of exercise going to retrieve it. First RC's was a Mark's Models 'Windfree.' Had lots of fun with that and a high start till I decided to let some kid launch it. He let go of the plane and left little bits of this beautiful model all the way down the launch strip. Next was the Aquilla. Spent many happy hours sloping this model over the cliffs on Vancouver Island.

Chris