A buddy stumbled upon this site. Interesting, anyone familiar withthe chaps who attempted this project? > http://members.shaw.ca/sonde/index.htm

I was loosely involved with a similar project about 6 years ago, I designed a specific airfram for a 120K' drop with the intent of establishing a glide at 100K. (a record at the time) The group that was sponsoring the project had technical problems with the radio uplink and down link, but the major problem was getting FAA clearance for the airspace. There were only specific windows of time available in that region and the major stumbling block was that NASA was trying to do the same thing at the same time. It was apparent that the NASA group had preferential treatment when it came to getting the approval! Go figure...........

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com