Question:
How would the average modeler ever know about a given local FAR, NOTAM,
etc? law or not it is not likely we would be aware of said regulation.
Some folks, policy mongers and bureaucrats, will argue the letter of the
law ad nauseum. In many ways it is similar to the FCC, lots of rules and
laws and no way to possibly enforce most of them. Some guys are afraid
to change modules in their transmitter for fear of breaking some FCC
reg. Just don't get caught doing something really stupid. Fly with
reasonable care, and know your location. We have lost enough of our
civil liberties, let's not invent ways to limit our activities. That
will come of it's own accord eventually.

 After all, the AMA official flying site is immediately adjacent to a
full scale airport. Not three miles. Go figure that one out. We were
shut down from flying XC at the NATS this year because of a complaint
from the airport staff. Several guys were flying directly in the
pattern. We moved to the other side of the AMA site (still not three
miles) away, and were flying well over 3,000 feet in some instances.
Should we ask the FAA if that was OK?

JD

Endless Mountain Models
http://www.scalesoaring.com