Grumpy pilot syndrome...nope. Well, maybe for a couple of you ;^)

Like I stated when this very "worthy" subject came up a while ago;

Letting your state representative know just how innappropriate this is, and at the same time cc LM, the squeeky wheel may get the grease.

The fact the original poster (thanks BTW) informed us that not only are our designs at risk in this facet of the hobby/sport, but elsewhere...those who build static models.

What a load of crap. Pretty soon those who build replicas of DG's, Minimoas, ASW's you name it, will see profit in exercising their right to act on all aspects of their patent (if they have one).

I would bet everyone at some point had their little paws are glued up assembling a plastic model, this is most likely where we all started.

Related email forums is the best means of communicationg such an important slight against what we love. It's what would make any endeavor that much more successful, as that many more folks would be able to do something.

Whether anyone cares enough to see such a wayword injustice brought to the public domain (news, websites, letters to whomever, etc), enough such that the likes of Lockheed Martin would instruct their dogs to back off depends on us.

"Us" is probably not your mother, maybe your dad (if he builds), your buddies who fly, your kids (any kids) who build plastic models as they hopefully come up through the ranks to R/C.

The rather poor (and wrong) assumption that if you are not building some scale looking sailplane "right at this very moment", or are "not actually builders" is insulting. So is the intended slight that most are not worthy of even speaking on the topic...how crass.

Maybe in the future you will get the urge...and find out you can't because you and nobody else gave a shit at the time.

Unfortunately, in the American way, it may have to go to court and those with the most money and better connections will win the day.

But would it not be interesting and say, great if one took the time to support one another and at least try and make some collective noise? Geez...how tough can THAT be?

p.s. ...just so our own loud-mouthed court jester is not left too far out in the cold, the F-104 I spoke of yesterday was first released, and is already being marketed as a slope aircraft.

An F-104 on the slope, now don't that beat all...

Simon Van Leeuwen RADIUS SYSTEMS PnP SYSTEMS - The E-Harness of Choice Cogito Ergo Zooom