Well, ironically, that's exactly how i started at the Nats, with that exact airplane.  Got me involved -- between flying rounds, I ran the turnarounds for years, got the Spirit of Soaring Award in '97 that I was pleased to receive from Mike Stump, and share with Jim Deck, then E.D'd the whole chebang in '02.  Sure, i always finished in that half of the results sheet that made the top half possible, but it sure was fun!

I guess everyone's experience is a little different, and everyone certainly is entitled to their opinions.

Dana Flemming

Bill Malvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'll again note that I don't see many newbies showing up at the field with a
> 3M full house moldie. But I do see them come out with a 2M TD or 1.8M speed
> 400. So let's play to the strength of that distribution.

And how many "Newbies" show up at the NATS to fly 2M with their GP Spirits??
What new guys in the hobby fly has little, if any, bearing on what
competition classes should be flown at the NATS.