Hi Stan

For me the best all around ship is the new Escape Lt. from Aero Model http://www.aero-model.com/ProductDe...x?productID=429 It only weighs 68 oz (it will go up on a good hi-start or a weak winch with no problem) but can carry, safely, up to 24 oz. of ballast. So you have a plane that is light enough for the deadest days and strong enough to carry 9 or 24 oz. (this is the 2 ballast bar set available from Aero Model for $49.00) of ballast for the windiest days. I love the plane and have 2. You can see them and the slight mods that I made to them on rcgroups/thermal/Escape Lt. or use the link below. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...690#post3174690

Maurice
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Soaring Digest" <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 8:26 AM
Subject: [RCSE] ATTN: Sharon 3.7 x-tail owners, need input

Had all but decided on Tempest when the water got muddy. Someone(read Edgar "Soaring Junkie") suggested I consider the Sharon. So, I'm asking for input. Probably the main criteria I have is that it be able to hi-start. I do not have a winch readily available to me(and the club winch has seen better days). I am able to get 23#'s of pull out of my hi start. Which was adequate for my Artemis 5mph +, but really iffy for 1-3 mph.

That aside, does it require constant attention with the sticks? I'm a "Sunday Flyer" and I am looking for 'relaxed' flying. I have some open class flying experience. I have a "Sun" 3.2m electric powered by Hacker 50 that I am able to handle, but never really got comfortable with the Artemis V tail.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciate.

Yes I'm the same guy who asked about the Tempest last week. Appreciate the band width.

Stan