So I am in the lifty New Zeland air yesterday, 14mins left for my LSF4 one hour flight task, and my TX starts beeping for food.

I have a couple of options:
Give up and land.
Swap packs
Turn off the tx and attempt a mini fast charge to finish out the flight (if I had PCM for hold)
....BUT
 what if I didn't have a battery problem?

I just wanted to set the TX on the ground or hand it to someone while I had a drink or put on my hat or some sun screen.

Does the flight cancel when I am not in possession of the TX, or the TX is off and I am not controling the model any more?

Would I have qualified for my one hour if the TX died and the model flew off to Australia?
How about Tazmania?
or to McDonalds?

Would I have truly achieved one hour if I was not in control of the model and TX the entire time of the flight...by the rules...AND the spirit?

Just a little research for an upcoming RCSD article...By the way if you have not downloaded this months RCSD,,,you are totally missing out! http://www.b2streamlines.com/RCSD-2005-03.pdf
Gordy