        From: Jo Grini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 3/7/2005 4:27 AM
        To: soaring@airage.com
        Subject: [RCSE] Re: Winch Line

        A little late but it takes time to read it all :-)

        You can actually buy fishing line... It is almost the same and the cost
is nothing compared to the mono they say. Personally I have not tried it. It IS
the same line as you can buy in hobby shops but the there is a possibillty to
buy a line that might have been produced with another spec than you wanted.
        So if you need cheap line go to a a shop or company that sell thick
fishing line for commercial use. Expect to buy a lot at the same time.

        Normally I use 1,25mm to 1,45 deppending on the conditions. For
competition that matters I always put on a new line. Most common places to buy
is Emc-Vega or Fischer. Earlier we also bought some "japan-line" but the
contact seems gone. Fischer line is a bit more "strechy" so you can use thicker
line and still have a good bungee effect in the zoom.
        BTW I use different line for F3J than F3B... Then I use a
"pentagon-line" from Emc-Vega. And yes it looks like Pentagon :-) 5 edges to
cut the air faster. But on a winch it will run old very fast.

        Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
        www.grini.no